Monday, April 04, 2011

PCOS and me

I wrote this on July 10 of last year:

So yohboh and I have been trying to conceive another baby.

It is not going well. Well the sex part goes great, but the end result is no baby yet.

I have had repeated trips to doctors and LOTS AND LOTS of blood drawn. At first, it was thought I had a slow thyroid.

Well in addition to the thyroid thing, I have been diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Or PCOS for short. PCOS has a lot of awesome symptoms including unexplained weight gain, difficulty losing weight, hairiness, mood swings and increased chances for cancer in my reproductive parts.

When we were trying to have Ava, I was concerned about the fact that I had been on birth control for 18 years and how that would affect my fertility. We had Ava pretty much immediately. Turns out, I had a reason to be concerned.

So I am on a new treatment which includes the absence of carbs and sugar. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE CARBS and now I know why. My stupid body thinks it is starving so it contantly craves carbs. So now I have to cut them out.

And I cannot stop thinking about Nutter Butters.....

No comments: